EARTHCHECK CERTIFIED FOR SUSTAINABLE TOURISM
It is the world’s leading environmental certification and benchmarking programme for the travel and tourism industry, which was established in 1987. Using a scientific approach, helps travel and tourism organisations increase efficiency, maximise the guest experience and minimise their environmental footprint.
Hundreds of organisations in more than 70 countries participate in EarthCheck certification programmes. Worldwide, more than 40,000 performance reports have been completed by EarthCheck.
The programme is accredited by the Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC) and complies with the Mohonk Agreement, which outlines the guidelines and principles for an international sustainable tourism certification programme.
The EarthCheck Company standard has been mapped to the 17 SDGs, to encourage environmental, social and cultural best practices and enable our members to understand what they are doing to contribute to the UN goals.
Who we are addressing
- Accommodation facilities (hotel, resort, villa, bed & breakfast, farmhouse, etc.)
- Golf courses
- Wine cellars and breweries
- Convention centres
- Retail outlets and shopping centres
- Destinations, tourism associations and communities
Earthcheck is not ‘just’ a certification but a comprehensive management system and programme that allows you to:
- Define your new sustainability strategy and the risks associated with your activity
- Use a digital platform with a dashboard to continuously monitor your emissions and also calculate your carbon footprint.
- Measure your environmental impact performance levels (10 key indicators) against the average and best practice levels in your area (benchmarking)
- Monitor operating costs and check the efficiency of your sustainable choices
- Include in your strategy the sustainability principles that are important for growing, becoming more resilient and aligning with new national regulations and European guidelines
- Communicate your environmental and social commitment to your increasingly sensitive customers, suppliers and communities.
- Meeting the requirements of sustainable finance with regards to requests for loans and financing
- Protect the environmental, social, cultural and economic assets of the territory
Terra Institute Srl
Porta Sabiona 2 39042
Bressanone (BZ), Italy
80339 Munich, Germany
1160 Vienna, Austria
78 Inverness Terrace
W2 3LB London, United Kingdom
c/o Progetto Manifattura
Piazza Manifattura 1
38069 Rovereto (TN), Italy
Tel. +39 0472 970 484